It has been a tough start to the tournament for Guadalajara, and, just like their next opponent, are still without a win after 6 games played, which forces el Chiverío to push for the three points in their visit to the Perla del Pacifico in order to keep their championship aspirations alive. Here are the best data and news about El Rebaño Sagrado prior to the match against Mazatlán, corresponding to Day 7 of the Apertura 2022 of Liga MX.
Chivas enters this clash after a goalless draw against Pachuca at the Akron Stadium, which keeps them in 14th place in the table with 5 points, the result of 5 draws and 1 loss. For the match against the purple-and-white team, Ricardo Cadena will be relying on the very best players he has available.
For their part, the Sinaloans are coming off a 2-0 defeat against Xolos in Tijuana, which places them 17th overall with 3 points, the result of 3 draws and 3 defeats. Gabriel Caballero will have his entire squad available to face the Red and Whites.
Did you know that...?
- Chivas is the best defense in the tournament with only 4 goals conceded.
- Mazatlan is the second-highest scoring defense so far in the Apertura 2022, having scored on 10 occasions.
- Guadalajara has scored in all of its matches against Mazatlan.
- El Rebaño Sagrado has a clear advantage over Los Cañoneros, as they have faced each other on 4 occasions, with 3 wins and 1 draw.
- The biggest win in this rivalry favored Chiverío, as they defeated the Sinaloans 3-0 on Matchday 1 of the Clausura 2022.
- Guadalajara has four ties in a row.
- In their last 10 visits, Guadalajara have lost only once; the rest are divided into 3 wins and 6 draws.
- Mazatlan is 7 games without a win, 3 of which were at the Kraken.
- This will be the first time that Ricardo Cadena and Gabriel Caballero will face each other in the dugouts.
- Ángel Zaldívar scored in the last 2 games against Mazatlán.
- The refereeing quartet for this match on matchday 7 of the Apertura 2022 will be made up of Jorge Abraham Camacho as center referee, Christian Kiabek Espinosa as assistant 1 and Jonathan Maximiliano Gómez as assistant 2, while Brian Omar González will be the fourth official.